Panda Knits

Sunday, September 11, 2005

It's been a while...

Another quickie post...we went to our friends' wedding in Ithaca last weekend. We had a wonderful time. The setting was beautiful (ceremony on the Cornell campus, reception in the bride's parents' backyard) and so was the ceremony itself. P gave a fantastic best man toast that everyone raved about. We got to see some friends we rarely get to see, and to spend some quality time with friends we are lucky enough to see regularly. We danced, drank and celebrated our newly married friends. On Sunday, we visited the Baseball Hall of Fame, which I loved. All in all a great weekend.
In addition to all the wedding festivities (actually, as part of the festivites), we went to the Farmer's Market in Ithaca. I was minding my own business down the aisles when I caught sight of a stall with brightly colored yarn hanks hanging from the ceiling. What the..?!?!?! I immediately made a beeline for the stall and came away with this:



Two four-ounce skeins of handspun loveliness in complimentary shades of pink and purple. It smells like a farm, I swear. I am in love. Now what to make with it?
As for everything else, the wedding plans have me in a tizzy right now. I have my first fitting on Tuesday, so I finally got my shoes yesterday. I tried out the spa with my mom on Friday (poor me, I know) and had my trial hair and makeup on Thursday. We sent out the invitations (150 of them, yikes) on Tuesday and the responses have been pouring in since Thursday. The wedding is coming!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
[prefs.setac_phrase]