Panda Knits

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Just a Quickie

It was a busy week and before I knew it, I had gone all week without posting! Sorry about that. Lots to post, but not much time tonight. We're off tomorrow morning to see our friends get married down in Ithaca, NY. P is the best man, so tomorrow we have the rehearsal dinner and then Saturday is the big day. The groom is one of our best friends from college so we've known him for (gulp) 11 years. My parents are going too, but they are flying to Buffalo, visiting Niagara Falls, then driving down to Ithaca tomorrow evening. P and I are driving straight from here. I am really looking forward to seeing some friends down there, especially my friend Amy who has been in California for 3 years and just moved to Michigan (just as far away in my mind). Then, on the way home, we are stopping in Cooperstown to visit the Baseball Hall of Fame! I can barely contain myself, I am so excited.

A few things:

- I am one repeat away from finishing the right side of I Do. It looks and feels gorgeous. I am really glad I decided to knit it in Soft Kid and I can't wait to wear it on my wedding day! I plan to start the left side in the car this weekend.

-In order to continue I Do, I had to order more Soft Kid from Jimmy Bean's. They have a great sale going on right now, lots of yarns are discounted, so I just had to add to the stash. I got two skeins of Jaeger Chamonix in a dusty rose color for one of these scarves. I can't wait to start knitting it (but not until the wedding knitting is done!). It might be my honeymoon knitting.

-Last weekend, I went to the Marshfield Fair with my sister, her husband and my two nephews (and P came along too). The fair is always fun, but I absolutely love the craft show. There were some incredible knitted and crocheted pieces, but also some unbelievably hideous ones. Like the cookie monster costume knit out of blue fun fur. I couldn't look away from it. Oh yeah, and P won me a HUGE Spongebob playing a basketball came. So cute.

-Finally, I know it's posted all around the blogsphere, but the new MagKnits is up. I like all the patterns, but then again, I am always a big fan of MagKnits. Go check it out for yourself!

I hope you all have a safe and happy holiday weekend. Keep those down South in your thoughts and prayers.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ageing or even aging is the process of getting older. Aging is
    affected per social, cultural, and economic
    environment. Biological changes take place in the
    process of aging. An year is typically wore for
    measuring the age of a individual, usually changing at the
    time of birthday.

    Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

    I have a anti aging supplement site/blog. It pretty much covers anti aging supplement related stuff.

    Come and check it out if you get time :-)

     
  • At 9:50 PM, Anonymous niagara falls honeymoon packages said…

    Hey this blog is not about niagara falls honeymoon packages

    I have been doing hours of research on "Niagra Falls" and it brought me to your blog on this post. Anyways, Panda Knits I was reading your blog and I think it is really cool. It’s really a pleasure reading your posts! Keep up the great work.

    Keep blogging away :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
[prefs.setac_phrase]